EUROPA LEAGUE 2022. A harrowing evening for OL who lost 3-0 at home in the Europa League quarter-finals while Marseille slipped into the semi-finals of the Europa League Conference.
[Mis à jour le 15 avril à 08h45] Lyon has no room for error in order to avoid a sensitive end to the season. At home against West Ham, Jones suffered a real shipwreck with a 3-0 loss and left the competition at the last four gates. “I am very disappointed because I think we started well but didn’t score. We conceded a free kick. Then it was difficult, it has to be said. We played well for thirty minutes and then it was difficult… at this level you don’t have ten chances. “Out of three chances, you have to score once, we had bad luck hitting the post, West Ham needed a corner kick, they scored and after that it was difficult. It’s a very good team with adult players who managed the game very well.” . In the other results, we also note the sudden elimination of Barcelona, who lost 3-2 at home to Germany in Frankfurt.
In the European League conference, Marseille can thank Steve Mandanda and Dimitri Payet. The OM goalkeeper, who started this competition, did his best to keep a clean sheet as the Marseille midfielder scored the only goal in the first half. “It was a tough match, we were expecting. They had to attack, we saw that in the beginning, when they had two or three chances, our goalkeeper saved them. We also tried to be champions, and in the end, it was a well-balanced match. We have a team with character and our winning streak shows that they are In a good moment, “Jorge Desio, assistant to Jorge Sampaoli, who is suspended from the meeting, analyzed. In the semi-finals, OM will face Feyenoord on April 28, while the other half will face Leicester against Roma.
- RB Leipzig (Germany) – Atalanta Bergamo (Italy) 1-1, 0-2 in the return
- Eintracht Frankfurt (Germany) – Barcelona (Spain) 1-1 2-3 on the return
- SC Braga (Por) – Rangers FC. (Eco) 1-0 and 3-1 in the second leg
- West Ham (England) – Lyon (France) 1-1, 0-3 in the return
- Leipzig (Germany) vs. Rangers (ECO)
- West Ham (England) – Eintracht Frankfurt (Germany)
- Lister (ENG) – PSV (Netherlands) 0-0, 1-2
- Feyenoord Rotterdam (NED) – Slavia Prague (CZE) 3-3 and 1-3
- Olympique Marseille (France) – PAOK (Greece) 2-1 0-1
- Bodo (nor) – Rome (Italy) 2-1 4-0
- Leicester (England) – Rome (Italy)
- Feyenoord Rotterdam (Netherlands) – Olympique Marseille (France)
The group stage was held from Thursday 16 September 2021 to Thursday 9 December 2021 while the knockout stage will take place from Thursday 17 February 2022 to Thursday 5 May 2022. Wednesday 18 May 2022 at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium in Seville. Then the calendar was drawn up as follows by UEFA:
- Quarter-finals From the European League will be held on the 7th and 14th of April
- Semi-finals It will be April 28 and May 5 while big The final is scheduled for Wednesday, May 18, 2022
The 2021-2022 UEFA Europa League is the new European competition launched by UEFA and is therefore the third international competition for European clubs after the UEFA Champions League and Europa League. Its first edition was launched for the 2021-2022 season. It ranks European teams according to their results in the league or in the national cup. The winner of the Europa League Conference qualifies for the following year’s Europa League.
184 teams compete over the course of the entire season, with at least one team from each of the 55 member associations and 46 teams from the UEFA Champions League or Europa League according to the UEFA website. The group stage consists of:
- 17 teams from the main track of the UEFA Europa Conference League
- 5 teams from the UEFA Conference League track*
- 10 teams have been eliminated in the Europa League qualifiers
Therefore the group stage (eight groups of four) is organized before the knockout stage (round of sixteen, quarter-finals, semi-finals and final). The eight group winners advance to the round of 16. A play-off is played between the eight runners-up and the teams that finished third in their group in the European League.
What is the European League conference schedule?
- Quarter-finals: 7th and 14th April
- Semi-finals: April 28 and May 5
- Final: May 25
The battle for TV rights continued to rage in the new 2021/2022 season. UEFA grants TV rights to the UEFA Europa League RMC Sport, M6 And Channel + Which will guarantee broadcasts from the 2021-2022 season. Channel + It will air with the poster M6 every Thursday and RMC Sport will show all remaining matches. m 6 The scheduled final will air on May 18, 2022.